SJS Executives is seeking a Boiler Plant Operator.
Boiler Plant Operator:
All information for work orders, assets, specifications, and condition assessments is captured in the NAVFAC’s MAXIMO - therefore, candidates must be able to learn and utilize this software platform.
Emergency/On-Call: may be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1 hour of notification.
• Have a minimum of six (6) months experience in the operation of large (100 tons or more) air conditioning and/or refrigerant, or two (2) years' experience as an air conditioning equipment mechanic helper or apprentice.
• Have knowledge of the location and function of all equipment controls, meters and gauges in the plant, and experienced skill to determine appropriate action to meet significantly complex demands.
•Have knowledge of prescribed tests and chemicals to test and treat boiler water.
• Knowledge of drawings and circuit diagrams of the boiler plant and auxiliary equipment to quickly locate defects in the system and perform minor repairs.
• Thorough knowledge of the fuels used, the chemical reactions involved combustion, and the proper fuel air ratio needed for maximum efficiency.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance requirements and the procedures or adjustments required controlling pollutants.
• Independently plans and carries out the work in accordance with established operating methods and procedures.
• Rresponsible for making complex determinations due to the amounts of steam or high temperature water provided by the plant.
• The work is shall be checked through occasional observation for adherence to operating techniques and established procedures.
May work in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods. The work may require frequent standing, bending, crouching, kneeling, or climbing. May occasionally work from scaffolds and platforms and may perform strenuous work while standing, sitting, or lying. May frequently lift and carry tools and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally items weighing more with assistance of material lifting devices or other workers.
Majority of work is performed indoors; however, you will be exposed to extreme temperatures, smoke, dirt, noise, unpleasant odors, toxic fumes, soot, toxic dust, water, fuel oil, chemicals and all types of weather conditions. Work may result in cuts, bruises, or burns from steam, heat, chemicals or machinery. Exposed to eye injuries and frostbite from escaping refrigerants.