The Construction Manager utilizes a variety of management skills and knowledge to perform such duties as may be necessary to support the administrative and technical work of the Engineering Department, Project Section. The goal of the position is to provide primary support-in project and construction management.
- Coordinating the inspection of projects
- Inspecting and reviewing construction projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, NFPA, OSHA and VA regulations, generates progress and final inspection reports
- Applying innovative construction management techniques to the health care setting, including a review to lessen the impact (through proper phasing) on areas occupied during construction. Th
- Prepareing and generateing independent cost estimates, reviews validity of revisions and changes and provides the Contracting Officer and/ or the Senior Project Manager with a technical and cost proposal analysis.
- Planning organizeing, and directing activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigateing damageing, accidents, or delays at construction sites ensureing that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Implements the construction safety program and is responsible for safety program for assigned projects.
The Construction Manager serves as advisor to Engineering staff on engineering problems and reviews submission by A/E for compliance with uniform building codes. Some of the area of specialties are:
- General Structural
- Construction Planning
- Cost Estimating Methods
- General Mechanical Engineering
- Construction Management
- Construction Methods
- Layout Design
- General Electrical