Leading U.S. distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and hardgoods, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 associates working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
Specialty Gas Equipment Assembly Associates will assemble parts and components to produce gas handling products that meet product description and catalog cut sheets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensure products are assembled and tested to published product requirements to meet customer orders
• Operates production facilities in compliance with applicable Spec Gases policies, safe operating procedures (SOP), drawings, quality, safety, and documented requirements
• Monitors equipment performance and makes minor/routine adjustments, maintenance and repairs to equipment
• Responsible for working with team effectively and efficiently
• Effectively communicates to all team members finding of issues
• Maintains quality of equipment produced
• Works and communicates with Customer Service/Tech support to arrive at timely resolution of one off builds or specials.
• Identifies areas for improvements
• Works at and maintains inventory at correct levels thru communications to management and others; substitutions, production items, etc.
• Actively participates in the ASG Safety Plan.
• Actively involved in the return and repair area to ensure speedy repair and return of items
• Ability to follow and identify safety related issues fully.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to read product specifications, as well as assembly drawings and assemble products per those drawings. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.