The U.S. Merchant Marine Academy needs a full time Contract Close-Out Specialist with two (2) years of prior federal contract closeout experience to work in its Department of Procurement located at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY.
A resume of the proposed candidate must be included inside the quote package SJS submits to the government.
(1) Close-out contracts and Purchase Orders in accordance with FAR 4.804 and agency policies and procedures.
(2) Provide contract closeout support services for all contract types.
(3) Confirm award is physically complete and outstanding contract administration issues are resolved. Resolve outstanding claims and other issues.
(4) Confirm payment of all invoices.
(5) Obtain vendor release form
(6) Complete contract file.
(7) Close out the contract in the contract writing system (DP2).
(8) Track contract funding status to identify excess funds to be de-obligated.
(9) Ensure the de-obligation of any remaining funds and reconciliation with the financial system.
(10) Prepare contract modifications and supporting documentation.
(11) Maintain list of contract closeout status.
(12) Assist regular office staff in the everyday duties of the office.
(13) Receive and redirect all incoming telephone calls to the correct members of the department, or forward calls to proper individuals outside the department.
(14) Occasionally check and log all requisitions in the Procurement Writing System (DP2) and assign accordingly.
(15) Must be proficient and articulate in English to effectively handle telephone calls and walk-in business.
(16) Must have experience with some Microsoft Products (i.e., Works, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook E-mail).
(17) On occasion, work outside of the normal work shift may be necessary, but will not include overtime.
Two (2) years of federal government contract close-out experience as a contract officer or contract specialist, preferably experience obtained working within the Department of Transportation.
Possess a valid state driver's license and registration, and current insurance certificate.
Be legally allowed to work in the United States.