- Responsible for the preparation of detailed structural engineering analysis, calculations and designs, development of plans using AutoCAD, specifications and cost estimates, in support of in-house and A/E design bid build and design-build projects, for a wide range of projects.
- Typical design projects include Naval Shore Facilities, including multi-story offices and quarters, hospitals, towers, airfields, aircraft overhaul facilities, industrial waste treatment plants, piers, photovoltaic farms, training facilities and a very wide diversity of other structures and facilities.
- Apply knowledge and skill to research standard structural systems, equipment or techniques in the development of structural design projects.
- Analyze the applicability of innovative processes, systems, equipment, or techniques and implement such on projects and specifications.
- Demonstrate knowledgeable of the latest structural materials and methods of construction.
- Experience in design of concrete, steel, timber, and masonry structures is required.
- Experience with finite element analysis/modeling and/or structural software is required.
- Bachelor Degree from an ABET accredited Structural Engineering or Engineering Technology program.
- Minimum of 5 years of Structural systems design.
- 1 year working on Capital Improvement projects for a Federal Agency.
- 5 years' experience in AutoCAD, SpecsIntact, Word, and Excel software.
- Will not consider candidates with less than 5 years structural engineering experience of increasing complexity afterreceiving their degree.
- Will not consider candidates with experience outside of structural engineering, such as geotechnical engineers, land surveyors, or civil engineers with experienceoutside of the area of structural engineering.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed