- Responsible for the preparation of detailed electrical engineering analysis, calculations and designs, development of plans using AutoCAD, specifications and cost estimates, in support of in-house and A/E design bid build and design-build projects, for a wide range of projects.
- Typical design projects include power generation systems, unit substations, MV overhead and underground distribution systems, lighting systems and related energy saving type controls, power systems, lightning and grounding systems, cathodic protection, photovoltaic and wind power systems, communication and AV systems, security systems, and other systems of major complexity for use by Naval Shore Facilities, including multi-story offices and quarters, hospitals, electrical generation and distribution, towers, airfields, aircraft overhaul facilities, industrial waste treatment plants, piers, photovoltaic farms, training facilities and a very wide diversification of other structures and facilities.
- Apply knowledge and skill to research electrical systems, equipment, or techniques in the
- development of electrical design projects.
- Analyze the applicability of innovative processes, systems, equipment, or techniques and implement such in projects and specifications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the latest electrical materials and methods of construction.
- Prepare correspondence, status reports, economic analyses, calculations, engineering studies, fact sheets and technical reports. Experience in operating electrical design software (i.e, SKM, AGi32) is required.
- Electrical Engineering: Bachelor Degree from an ABET accredited Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology program.
- Minimum of 5 continuous years of experience in the design and engineering of Electrical systems design for facilities.
- At least 1 year working on Capital Improvement projects for a Federal Agency.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed