An established Prime Federal Contractor is seeking skilled trades talent for ongoing support of its Client, NAVFAC Washington, at various locations. The following position is one of many assignments for this Client.
This assignment may require a Secret Clearance. Preferred candidates will either have an active Secret Clearance, or can readily obtain one.
All information for work orders, assets, specifications, and condition assessments is captured in the NAVFAC’s MAXIMO - therefore, candidates must be able to learn and utilize this software platform.
Emergency/On-Call: may be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1 hour of notification.
• Journey level skill and knowledge to independently install, modify, and repair new and existing high-pressure piping systems and equipment such as, steam-heating, steam generation, and hydraulic systems, steam generators, flash and expansion tanks, condensate, vacuum systems, radiators and circulating pumps.
• Knowledge of how relief valves, check valves, pressure regulators, expansion joints, and other pressure supporting and controlling devices are installed and how they operate to control increases and decreases in pressure, flow, circulation, and expansion in the systems.
• Ability to plan and lay out the installation, modification, and repair of various new and existing piping systems and equipment.
• Ability to interpret and apply building plans and blueprints, and, use shop mathematics to lay out angles, arcs, and circles.
• Skill in figuring pipe, joint, and valve sizes needed to support pressures of systems, aligning pipes, valves, fittings, and joints for accurate match, and installing proper braces and supports to control movement and vibration and allow for expansion and contraction.
• Skill in the use of tools and equipment such as sliding squares, measuring tapes, dividers, chalk lines, plumb bobs, templates, star drills, grinders, flangers, hand and power pipe threaders and cutters, and pipe wrenches.
Preferred candidates will have welding certification to weld high pressure piping, and 6G Upilll Welding Certification.
Contractor makes repairs and installations from ladders, scaffolding, and platforms, and where the systems and equipment worked on are in hard-to-reach places. The work involves standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. May handle, lift, carry, and set up parts and equipment that weigh up to 50 pounds. Occasionally, may lift and carry items that weigh over 50 pounds.
The work is done inside and outside, and is usually dirty, dusty, and greasy. May be required to make installations and repairs in areas where bad smelling fumes are present. There is frequent exposure to the possibility of uncomfortable heat conditions. The work may involve exposure to the possibility of strains, cuts, scrapes, bruises, burns, and infections. May occasionally be exposed to the possibility of broken bones.